Wednesday 28 November 2012

Busy November...

I had been kinda busy lately. Hence, the lack of posts and updates as written on my FB page. As I am not working tomorrow, I better start updating this blog before all my readers get bored and stop reading it. Also, before all the backlog posts start to pile up.

Let's see...I shall start with my dearest friend's wedding... :) It was a mini wedding dinner where she ordered some mini cupcakes which were swept away in less than an hour or two I think. =x awesome eh? kekeke...


There were 3 flavours in total - Lychee, Lemon and Chocolate. Topped with italian meringue and decorated with piped rose icing and little sugar pearls :)

I was having trouble thinking how I should present these little sweeties. I went to Ikea and found a dessert stand as well as a lazy suzy. This was what I did.
Sorry that the photo was kinda blur and not properly taken with the lighting of the ballroom giving me a lot of trouble. This was the best I could take out of my mobile phone. So please bear with it =x

Next I had 2 last minute orders for decorated cupcakes. I realized there seems to be demands for it lately. Since there is demand, I shall supply. kekeke..

This is for a Birthday cum Bachelorette Party

This is for a birthday party which an old friend of mine ordered. :)

Sometimes it is really not easy to be baking at home as you will start to slack a little. I am quite discipline in the past..hmmm maybe very discipline. During Uni days, I would make sure I finished what I had planned to study before I turn on my computer for leisure purpose. But now, it seems quite tough to do so. I had to keep 'talking' and reminding myself to focus on the things that I had planned to complete. Anyway back to the story of busy baking in the month of November, other than the wedding cupcakes and the last minute orders above, I had been working on my Christmas cookies. I managed to squeeze out some time and kept pushing myself to do so (though it was completed a week later than planned).

my proudly stacked up 3D Christmas Tree Cookies and the bow that was hand made by me. ^.^V
See the cute Totoro and the little black spider look-a-like 'spirits'? I must say, it is not easy to draw these (referring to Totoro, Santa and Reindeer) free hand.

I wanted to do more designs like these will be the 'Cutie Christmas Cookies Collection' (did u realize that all the words start with the letter 'C'?) and another collection will be the 'Classic Christmas Cookies Collection' which will only be in gold and silver with simple classic design of Christmas tree and snowflakes. However, too bad I didnt have time for those as I took on a part-time job teaching children baking at a 'cooking playground'. As I am still taking in orders and handling a part-time job, I couldn't find some time to come up samples of the cookies designs in my head. =x I concluded that I needed more rest time than using those time to do the 'Classic Christmas Cookies Collection'.

Are you touched that I am writing this in the wee hour in my room while everyone is asleep so that you can have an update of my baking journey? (fyi, my sis is super irritated with me now because of the typing sound that is coming from me which is preventing her from sleeping).

okie dokie. I better end off now before she strangles me. Nighty night, sweet dreams and God bless.

xx,
TBG

No comments:

Post a Comment